From Libertarian Labyrinth
| Resources Relating to|
I am! The ages on the ages roll;
- And what I am, I was, and I shall be:
- By slow growth filling higher Destiny,
And widening, ever, to the widening Goal. I am the Stone that slept; down deep in me
- That old, old sleep has left its centurine trace;
I am the Plant that dreamed; and lo! still see
- That dream-life dwelling on the Human Face.
I slept, I dreamed, I wakened: I am Man!
- The hut grows Palaces; the depths breed light;
- Still On! Forms pass; but Form yields kinglier Might!
The singer, dying where his song began,
- In Me yet lives; and yet again shall he
- Unseal the lips of greater songs To Be;
- For mine the thousand tongues of Immortality.
Voltairine de Cleyre, “I Am,” The Open Court 6, no. 3 (January 21, 1892): 3118-3119.